2.15.2008

V-Day and the Opera




Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's. We ended up cooking at home, eating delicious desserts from City Bakery, sipping some wine and watching LOST.

On Wednesday I had the treat of getting to go to see Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera. It was incredible. My first opera. Their voices, the sets, the horses, donkeys and dogs! The building at Lincoln Center is amazing too...a mid-century gem. I had heard there were subtitles for the performances, but I wasn't sure how that would be. Turns out it wasn't too distracting and it was nice to put the text with all of that emotion.

Can hardly believe it's Friday again! The weeks are flying by. Turns out my move for work will be one day before our flight to Europe, so I get an extra day off to pack and get things together. Might be a good day to check out some museum shows I've been meaning to check out.

No comments: