4.01.2013

Leo Timothy Vrielink

Today is my official due date, but our sweet baby Leo decided to come a week early. I certainly didn’t mind since the last week of pregnancy can be the hardest and I sure felt ready to meet our baby. He was born Monday, March 25th at 10:29am. He weighed 7lb 13oz and was 20.5" My labor was so much faster this time around. Ellis took 37 hours to come into the world (ultimately via c-section) while labor with Leo was just over 7 hours. I couldn’t have been happier with my OB, Dr.Mussalli, and my doula, Domino Kirke, and know that their expertise really helped me avoid a repeat c-section. We stayed one night in the hospital and splurged on a private room overlooking Central Park. Erik was able to stay with me and I was so thankful for his company. While we were away, Ellis enjoyed a sleepover at Lisa’s with her dear friend Lulu. The recovery from Leo’s birth has been much easier. Erik and I are also much more relaxed around a newborn. Getting used to the interrupted sleep while finding energy to keep up with Ellis might be our biggest challenge, but we are just getting started.












No comments: