1.08.2008

slippery salmon

One of my new year's resolutions is to cook more at home. I had picked out a recipe tonight for ginger soy salmon and bought all of the ingredients at Whole Foods on my way home. Everything was going really well until I checked to see if the salmon was fully cooked. I pulled the tray out of the oven with one hand. I guess the angle was a little off (it was a big tray) because the slippery salmon steaks slid right back into the oven, all over the wire rack, the bottom of the oven and the floor. Yikes! What a smoky, stinky mess. Thankfully, there was not a fire and because of the incredibly warm weather here today, we were able to keep the door and windows open a few hours to clear the air. Our salmon dinner turned into thai takeout...chicken pad thai with spring rolls. Try making that at home!

1 comment:

H3NR7 said...

I bet your cats didn't mind their salmon feast rolling on the floor.