12.13.2009

12 weeks





Ellis is almost 3 months old! I can't believe it. Three months at every other point in my life flew by with very little change, but these three months have been full of so many exciting changes and developments. We're really getting to know our daughter and it's hard to imagine what our lives were like without her. She's growing like crazy and is already wearing clothing that supposedly fits a 6-9 month old baby. I'm excited that she's growing so fast, but a little sad to fold away so many adorable outfits she barely had a chance to wear.

She's been a great sleeper at night, but will usually fuss for an hour or two before bed. I am just starting to read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" which seems to have some great tips to help avoid this fussy period. For the past week or so, she'll go down between 8-10 pm and sleep until 7-9am with one feeding around 3-5am. The book recommends putting your baby to bed much earlier, before they really show any signs of fatigue. I am curious to try this, but it will mean that Ellis will almost be asleep by the time Erik comes home from work.

Ellis discovered she has hands this week and cannot stop staring. She has yet to grab any of her toys, unless we put them right into her hands, but she is grabbing onto my hair (seeing many future pony tail hairstyles in my future) and my bra while nursing. I can't wait to see what she discovers next week!

No comments: