1.13.2011

Oma and Opa in NYC








We’ve had a great visit with Rein and Christa. Last weekend we took a trip to one of my favorite spots, the Transit Museum. Ellis loved walking around the old subway cars and “driving” the bus. I am constantly surprised with how different the city and the places we visit feel with her walking everywhere. I can’t wait for warmer temperatures and weekend adventures in the spring.

Rein and Christa were so kind to babysit last night so Erik and I could enjoy a movie out on the town. I knew it had been too long when I exclaimed “what...tickets are $13?” at the ticket counter. We saw and loved The King’s Speech.

Erik has been busy designing new projects under Studio Vrielink and Ellis is doing great adjusting to her new daycare. It was really sad to say goodbye to Kara, Michele and the Blue Room. We realized that it was exactly a year (Jan. 4th to Jan. 4th) that she was under their care. While I used to enjoy the extra snuggling with Ellis during our morning and evening commutes, I was pretty excited to read a book and listen to my ipod on the subway again.

No comments: