2.06.2012

First fort and Valentines




I have great childhood memories of building couch cushion forts with my brother. In my mind we took over the whole living room and had tunnels, different levels and secret hiding places. Erik has similar memories and helped Ellis build her first crib fort. She loved her little nook and was sad when the blanket kept falling down. Weekend mornings at home are really my favorite time of the week. Lazy breakfasts while still in your pajamas can’t be beat. After our fort adventure, I helped Ellis craft a few valentines. She’s really into identifying the shapes and colors of everything these days. She badly wanted to use the scissors (“I try, I try”) but even the child size pair were too much for her tiny hands. A bottle of glue was the perfect distraction while I cut out the hearts.

No comments: