5.23.2009

A tree and a baby grow in Brooklyn







Hello Summer! I know it's not officially summer, but since we had our first half day Friday yesterday and because it was 80 degrees outside, I am calling it summer. Erik also got out early and we went over to the store Buy Buy Baby to register for all the things we might need in September. Two and a half hours later, we were exhausted and ready to enjoy a bite to eat with Henry. That store is great though. They really have everything and we also wound up in some nice conversations with other parents (and parents to be). We did pretty well in the bedding, stroller, clothing departments, but I was completely overwhelmed by the selection of bottles, nipples and accessories! Which brand? Which size? What material? I think I'll do a little more research at home and go back later in the week.

We made up for our exhausting shopping trip by spending some time with our feet in the grass by the piers in LIC. I never get tired of this view!

Our plants on the deck are enjoying the sunny weather as well. We were surprised this year to see that a seed from a tree sprouted in one of our pots. I am not sure what kind of tree it is, but I figured it deserved its own pot. Then, the other morning on our way to work, the city was planting new trees in Union Square. The weaving of rope over the burlap to hold the roots in was so beautiful. What an art!

The baby and I have grown a lot in the past few weeks. I am finally getting offered seats on the subway and have put away my clothes that no longer fit. Her kicks are much stronger now and still so much fun. The other morning at my desk, I could feel her turning, reaching and kicking. I must have looked silly giggling to myself with a giant smile on my face.

2 comments:

Simone said...

OMG look at you! You're pregnant! Wow. And your hair IS getting shorter the further along you get ;-) Great photos. And I LOVE BBB, best baby store and the staff there is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful.

Jenny & Erik said...

Ha! I went in for a trim last week and ended up with a shorter cut!